Actions To Be Involved:
- Write letters to local newspapers, Council, your MLA and your MP about any of the sustainability issues that are important to you, tell them why it matters to you and what action you expect them to take
- Make a delegation to Council on key sustainability issues with clear facts and examples of best practices from other jurisdictions
- Advise us of environmental, social and economic issues that you observe
- Be part of the solution and set an example for others. Make sure that your personal ‘footprint’ is as light as possible by reducing unnecessary car trips, composting, insulating your home, recycling and reducing your pesticide use, water consumption and solid waste. Consider buying ‘carbon offsets’ to counter the effects of the greenhouse gases that you produce.
- Inform yourself on sustainability issues, there’s many good websites
- Talk with your friends, family, neighbours, resident, colleagues or business associations and about the issues and ask for their support
- Volunteer! There are many local issues and we are a completely volunteer based organization with no paid staff, so for more issues to be addressed sooner, we need your help for activities such as research, community outreach or administration. You can volunteer as much or as little as you wish and on those issues that are most important to you.
- Join us! There is strength in numbers and the more Partners we have the more influence we’ll have with decision makers and getting our message out to the public. See About Us for more info.
- Keep Updated: Like Us on Facebook and check us out on Twitter.